Activated charcoal is all the rage lately and claims to have many beauty benefits. I decided to try a tooth whitening powder after a girlfriend suggested it. Naturally I turned to amazon to do some research as I was having a hard time finding any charcoal toothpaste in local stores. I read reviews on the top rated charcoal powders/pastes and settled on the Natural Whitening Tooth & Gum Powder with Activated Charcoal. Let’s give it a whirl!
The product claims..
- NATURAL WHITENING & STAIN REMOVAL. A healthy alternative for whiter teeth and gums without toxic ingredients, fluoride or bleach. Safely cleans and polishes teeth, strengthens enamel, improves gum health and freshens breath. Removes coffee, tea, wine and tobacco stains, naturally! I need all those stains removed from my teeth 🙂
- SAFE FOR EVERYDAY USE. Whether used as a standard toothpaste replacement, or in combination with your favorite paste, our Tooth & Gum Powder is less abrasive than most store-bought toothpastes and safely formulated for everyday use.
- ORGANIC & PLANT BASED INGREDIENTS. All of our products are formulated using natural, plant-based and/or organic ingredients and never include harsh chemicals. All of our products are certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Program. Cruelty-free, AWESOME!
- REFRESHING FLAVORS. We offer four clean and refreshing flavors that include Spearmint, Peppermint, Cinnamint and Orange. I tried Spearmint and it tastes good
- 275+ USES PER JAR. Each jar contains enough Tooth Powder for 275+ uses, or approximately 4-5 months with twice per day brushing. That’s twice as much as a standard tube of toothpaste!
Day 1 – I applied the powder directly to my moistened toothbrush and went to town. I use a sonicare electric toothbrush which can be messy, so I was careful to keep the brush in my mouth as best I could to not cause black splatter. I gave my teeth a good scrub for the full two minute cycle and was left with a mouth full of black grit. I had to rinse several times to get all the grit from my gums, but once clear, my teeth were definitely a shade or two whiter but a tad sensitive!
Day 2 – I repeated the above, and ALAS my teeth are another shade whiter! Again my teeth and gums are a little sensitive.
Day 3 – OK, I can’t make this shit up… My teeth are again a shade whiter. If I keep this up, my teeth may become freakishly white 🙂
Overall, while this may be a tad more work than a traditional toothpaste but it is definitely worth it for the whitening factor. I will add this to my nightly routine a few times a week. This was most def a well spent 12 bucks!
Lasting Power: 2.75 ounce container – I think this will last me quite some time.
Where to Find: amazon.com
XOXO – Shayna